汉尼拔:你知道我是怎么看你的?你拿着不错的包却穿着廉价的鞋,看上去像个乡巴佬。一个整洁干净而强加进一点品味的乡巴佬。良好的营养让你的骨骼生长,可你还是贫穷白人的后代,是吧,斯塔琳特工?你拼命想摆脱你的口音,纯正的西弗吉尼亚口音。亲爱的,你的父亲是做什么的?他是矿工?他带着羔羊的臭味?你知道男孩们多快就找到了你……所有那些在汽车后座上令人乏味的笨手笨脚……你梦想逃离,去投奔联邦调查局。
Clarice Starling: You see a lot don't you doctor. Why don't you turn that high-powered perception at yourself and tell us what you see, or, maybe you're afraid to.
克拉丽斯:你看见很多,难道不是吗,博士?为什么不把你深邃的洞察力用在你自己身上,告诉我们你看到了什么,或许你害怕。
Hannibal Lecter: Jack Crawford is helping your career isn't he? Apparently he likes you and you like him too.
汉尼拔:杰克·克劳福德正在工作上帮助你,不是吗?很明显你们彼此都有好感。
Clarice Starling: I never thought about it.
克拉丽斯:我从没想过。
Hannibal Lecter: Do you think that Jack Crawford wants you sexually? True, he is much older but do you think he visualizes scenarios, exchanges, fucking you?
汉尼拔:你认为杰克·克劳福德想和你上床吗?真的,他有点老,不过你想象过他和你做爱的情景吗?
Clarice Starling: That doesn't interest me Doctor and frankly, it's, it's the sort of thing that Miggs would say.
克拉丽斯:坦白的说博士,我对那没兴趣,那是麦格斯才能说出的话。
Hannibal Lecter: I will listen now. After your father's murder, you were orphaned. You were ten years old. You went to live with cousins on a sheep and horse ranch in Montana. And...?
汉尼拔:现在我会聆听。在你父亲被害之后,你成了孤儿,你只有10岁。你去住在表亲的蒙大拿农场里,接着呢?
Clarice Starling: And one morning, I just ran away.
克拉丽斯:一天早晨,我只是出走了。
Hannibal Lecter: No "just", Clarice. What set you off? You started at what time?
汉尼拔:没那么简单,克拉丽斯。是什么让你出走,什么时候发生的?
Clarice Starling: Early, still dark.
克拉丽斯:很早,天还没亮。
Hannibal Lecter: Then something woke you, didn't it? Was it a dream? What was it?
汉尼拔:于是有事发生让你醒来,不是吗?是梦还是别的?
Clarice Starling: I heard a strange noise.
克拉丽斯:我听到奇特的声音。
Hannibal Lecter: What was it?
汉尼拔:是什么?
Clarice Starling: It was... screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a child's voice.
克拉丽斯:是尖叫,一种尖叫,像孩子般的声音。
Hannibal Lecter: What did you do?
汉尼拔:你做什么了?
Clarice Starling: I went downstairs, outside. I crept up into the barn. I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.
克拉丽斯:我下了楼梯走到外面,蹑手蹑脚的来到牲口棚。里面的场景太吓人了。
Hannibal Lecter: And what did you see, Clarice? What did you see?
汉尼拔:你看到了什么?
Clarice Starling: Lambs. The lambs were screaming.
克拉丽斯:羔羊们在号叫。
Hannibal Lecter: They were slaughtering the spring lambs?
汉尼拔:他们在屠宰春羔?
Clarice Starling: And they were screaming.
克拉丽斯:还有它们在号叫。
Hannibal Lecter: And you ran away?
汉尼拔:你逃跑了?
Clarice Starling: No. First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.
克拉丽斯:不。起初我想放掉它们。我打开了门,可它们却不动,只是困惑的站在那,它们不想跑。
Hannibal Lecter: But you could and you did, didn't you?
汉尼拔:但是你可以,不是吗?
Clarice Starling: Yes. I took one lamb, and I ran away as fast as I could.
克拉丽斯:是的,我带走了一只羔羊,拼尽全力的逃跑。
Hannibal Lecter: Where were you going, Clarice?
汉尼拔:克拉丽斯,你要去哪?
Clarice Starling: I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but... he was so heavy. So heavy. I didn't get more than a few miles when the sheriff's car picked me up. The rancher was so angry he sent me to live at the Lutheran orphanage in Bozeman. I never saw the ranch again.
克拉丽斯:我不知道,我没有食物和水,天气很冷,我想如果我可以哪怕只救出来一只,可是……他太重了。当我搭上治安官的车,我还没跑出几英里。农场主很生气,他把我送进波兹曼的路德教会孤儿院,我再没看到过那家农场。
Hannibal Lecter: What became of your lamb, Clarice?
汉尼拔:那你的羊羔呢,克拉丽斯?
Clarice Starling: They killed him.
克拉丽斯:他们杀了他。
Hannibal Lecter: Why do you think he removes their skins, Agent Starling?
汉尼拔:你为什么认为他给他们剥了皮,斯塔琳特工?
Hannibal Lecter: Enthrall me with your acumen.
汉尼拔:施展一下你聪慧的魅力。
Clarice Starling: It excites him. Most serial killers keep some sort of trophies from their victims.
克拉丽斯:这让他兴奋。大多连环杀手都会保留一些来自于受害者的纪念品。
Hannibal Lecter: I didn't.
汉尼拔:我就没有。
Clarice Starling: No. No, you ate yours.
克拉丽斯:不对,你把那些都吃了。
Hannibal Lecter: A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
汉尼拔:曾经有人想调查我。我就着蚕豆和酒,把他的肝脏吃掉了。
